Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Future Plans

I have been doing more metal and CNC work in the last few weeks and I don't want to mix up my stuff where I post them. I do have more plans to do some woodworking projects. One thing I have on my to-do list is some more plane making. This time I am planning on doing a combination of metal and woodwork by trying my hand at an infill plane. What I am considering is to make a little miter plane. I already ordered some steel and brass to work with and have been doing some other stuff in preparation. I am not that hardcore that I want to do all the metal cutting by hand with hacksaws and files so I have been working on getting my lathe set up for some milling with a milling attachment.

The other project I have in mind is to add a depth stop to my little plow plane. I have one of the ones from Mujeng Fang that I picked up from Japan Woodworker. It really is a nice little plane but the lack of a depth stop has been a major sticking point for me. I have another plow -- A Stanley #45 -- that I really don't like. I will not go into the rants I have about it now but suffice it to say, I don't think of it as a real viable tool. There are good reasons that they are still around in such unused condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment